Install Java Runtime Environment (JRE)This application is a program written in Java which needs the JRE version 1.8.0 or later to be installed on your computer. You can see whether it is already installed by checking the version: In the Terminal (search for 'Terminal'), type:
$ java -version
If the required version of Java is not already installed, try running the Software Updater and check again, otherwise install the required version from a different repository:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:openjdk-r/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre
$ sudo update-alternatives --config java
[Choose version by entering the Selection Number of the required version]
Download and install Application
- Download the zip file
- If you have not previously created a 'Programs' folder, create one by typing mkdir ~/Programs into your terminal
- If you have not previously created an 'Images' folder, create one by typing mkdir ~/Images into your terminal
- Go to where the file was downloaded, right-click on Application.zip and select 'Extract Here'
- Open the Application folder.
- Move or copy the Application.jar file to the 'Programs' folder
- Open the Application/images folder.
- Move or copy the Application.png file to the 'Images' folder
- Right-click on the .jar file and select 'Properties'
- Click on the image in the top-left corner
- Navigate to the 'Images' folder
- Double-click on the Application.png file
- Click on the Properties 'Permissions' tab and make sure the file is executable by checking the Execute box.
- Click on the Properties 'Open With' tab and make sure the Default Application is 'OpenJDK Java 8 Runtime'.
- Click the 'Close' button.