Install Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
This application is a program written in Java which needs the JRE to be installed on your computer. You can see whether it is already installed by checking the version (see below). This application needs version 1.8.0 or later. This application could have been converted to a native format (.app) but this results in a much bigger file.
- Check version:
- Click on Apple icon on upper left of screen
- Go to 'System Preferences'
- Click on the Java icon to access the Java Control Panel. The Java Control Panel will open in a separate window.
- Click on the 'General' tab and then click the 'About' button. A window with the version information will open.
- If the required version of Java is not already installed or the Java icon does not show in 'System Preferences', go to https://java.com/download/. Download and install the version for your operating system.
Download and install Application
- Download the zip file.
- The downloaded zip file should decompress as a folder ('Application'). If not, right-click the file then select 'Open With' > 'Archive Utility.app'.
- Move the downloaded folder into your 'Applications' folder.
- You can run the program by either clicking on 'Application' in Launchpad or by going to '/Applications/Application' and double-clicking 'Application.app'.
- If you get a message which says 'Application.app can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer', open 'System Preferences'.
- Select 'Security & Privacy' and click on 'Open Anyway'.